The Journal of Law & Medicine - Vol 26 No 3 is now available via the WestLaw platform.
For our members with online subscriptions to this Journal, please click here for instructions to access your online subsciption and for a link to the WestLaw platform.
JLM Vol 26 No 3 Contents:
- Editorial - Interstate and Overseas Deaths: Jurisdictional and Decision-Making Challenges for Coroners - Freckleton QC, I.
- Letter to the Editor
- Legal Issues - "Hospitals and Clinicians Need Not Apply:” Withdrawing Clinically Assisted Nutrition and Hydration in Undisputed Cases - Manning, J.
- Medical Issues - Eve’s Curse: Intolerable Unrelieved Pain in Labour – Necessary Evil or Medical Negligence? - O'Connor, M.
- BIOETHICAL ISSUES - Should an Advance Care Directive Refusing Life-Sustaining Treatment Be Respected after an Attempted Suicide? Development of an Algorithm to Aid Health Care Workers – Philpot, S.J.
- Medical Law Reporter - Citizens’ Juries, Liquid Democracy and Legislative Reform of Australian Compulsory Insurance Schemes for Injury Compensation after Motor Vehicle Accidents – Blumer, F., Gedik, T., Faunce, T.
- HIV and HCV Epidemics: Lessons for Lawyers and Policymakers – The Hon Michael Kirby AC CMG
- Therapeutic Privilege Is No Defence – Davison, S.
- A Comparative View of Australian Education in Law and Medicine – Smith, M. & Heath Jeffery, R.
- Protecting the Continued Development of Collaborative Expert Witness Evidence in Australia: Surely We Should? – Mills, C.D.
- Criminalising Health Care? The Use of Offences in the Mental Health Act 2015 (ACT) – Pang, S.
- Authorising the Release of Data without Consent for Health Research: The Role of Data Custodians and HRECs in Australia – Flack, F., Adams, C., & Allen, J.
- Sugar Consumption Tax: A Good Idea or Not? – Truscott, J.
- Embryo Donation in New Zealand: Considerations of the Health and Wellbeing of Children – Wilsdon, L.
- A New Law of Advance Directives in Italy: A Critical Legal Analysis – Veshi, D., Koka, E. & Venditti, C.
- Book Review - The Hanged Man and the Body Thief, by Alexandra Roginski – Reviewed by Freckelton QC, I