The Australasian College of Legal Medicine presents
2024 Annual Scientific Meeting & Awards Dinner
‘In my opinion’
Expert evidence and the law
7 & 8 September 2024 | QT Queenstown, New Zealand
Preceded by an Expert Report Writing course on 6 September
Book to attend
Bookings open soon!
Scroll to the bottom of this page, fill in the form and make payment. Payment is required to secure your booking.
The Honourable Justice David Collins KC - Topic TBC
Professor Stephen Cordner - Wrongful Convictions in Australia: Addressing issues in the criminal justice system
Call for abstracts extended until 31 March
We invite abstracts for the following two categories:
1. Related to the main conference theme - Expert Evidence and the Law
2. Open category - any legal medicine topic
To express your interest in speaking, email your short abstract and biography to email@example.com. Presenters must plan to attend in person. Online presentation will be available for unforeseen circumstances such as illness.
QT Queenstown - 30 Brunswick Street, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand
ASM & Expert Report Writing Course - Rees Room
Annual Awards Dinner - Lil Red Restaurant
For more information on the venue, visit https://www.qthotels.com/queenstown/
A group accommodation block at the QT and/or Rydges Queenstown will be available to book once you have booked your ASM attendance, subject to availability.
An initial program will be available soon.
6 September - Expert Report Writing course - face-to-face in Queenstown
7 September - Annual Scientific Meeting (Full day) - hybrid format
7 September - Awards Dinner - face-to-face only
8 September - Annual Scientific Meeting Day 2 (Breakfast session) - hybrid format
Attendance Options and Cost
All prices are AUD including GST.
(including American ACLM members)
Live ASM Conference & Dinner Ticket
- Saturday Conference (full day session)
- Saturday Awards Dinner
- Access to virtual attendance if sickness prevents you from attending in person
+ $150 per additional dinner ticket
- $50 discount for speakers
Virtual ASM Conference Ticket
- Saturday Conference (full day session) - Zoom stream
- Participate in audience Q&A time via Zoom chat
Expert Report Writing Course
- 1 day course, in person only (standard course fees)
Official supporting organisations
Cancellation, Privacy, and Health & Safety policies
By registering to attend, you agree that you have read and accept the Cancellation, Privacy and Health & Safety Policies. These policies apply to the 6 September Expert Report Writing course and the Annual Scientific Meeting & Awards Dinner.
A refund less $100 administration fee will be provided for all cancellations received at least 30 days prior to the event start date. Any cancellations after this point will be non-refundable.
Please do not attend if you are sick with a contagious illness such as COVID-like symptoms. If you cannot attend due to illness you will be able to attend virtually instead, including accessing the recording for later viewing.
If a situation occurs which significantly affects the majority of participants’ ability to attend in person, the event may either be postponed to a later date or held entirely online. Any such decision will be communicated to all as soon as possible if this circumstance arises. By registering, you agree to attend the course virtually on the same dates, should this circumstance arise.
Health & Safety policy
As part of our commitment to making this event safe you must comply with the following directions:
- Do not attend this event if you are unwell with a contagious illness such as COVID-like symptoms. Contact us to access virtual attendance instead.
- Presenters must be willing to present via virtual method instead in the event of sickness, travel restrictions, or other circumstances affecting their ability to attend in person.
- You must comply with all government directions regarding health and safety if they exist.
- It is your responsibility to check the latest border, travel and quarantine restrictions to ensure you are safe and able to travel to and from this event. This may include applying for a travel permit.